Sunday, February 22, 2009

My First Post

My first post on my shiny new crafty blog. I'd like to dedicate this to the Bushfire Quilt project and Project Improv, two relief quilt groups who've inspired me to actually set some time aside from work and baby-rearing to turn some of my beautiful new stash into something meaningful. In this case, Tia at Camp Follower is gathering wonky star blocks to create quilts for the survivors of the Victorian Bushfires that have left so many without their homes and loved ones. Jaquie at Tallgrass Prarie Studio started Project Improv to get us all started experimenting with improvisational piecing, and with donated blocks, she will be constructing quilts for so far unnamed charities. Two great ideas, ladies, and again, thanks for getting me to finally make some time to start sewing! Because I haven't started these blocks yet, I'll favor you with some pics of my shiny new fabrics (thanks to my lovely husband for his valentine's gift of a shopping spree at my favorite local quilt shop, and some misspent time on etsy). You'll be seeing these prints again very soon...


1 comment:

  1. ooh, pretty! i love the fairy one, and all of the bird ones, and the apples, and...

    also, i recognize that "advice" jar there! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, you rock!